Hood River has become quite the destination for craft beverage lovers recently. With a slate of breweries and wineries calling the Hood River area home, it’s always possible to get a great drink while in town – and that’s even more true when you add places like Hood River Distillers into the mix!
The range of craft beverages here is another testament to the incredible agricultural area surrounding us. These same farms bring a delectable array of fresh produce into our restaurants throughout the year and provide top-quality ingredients for those venturing into the craft beverage industry.
Whether you’ve come to the gorge for the magnificent scenery, the excellent hiking and outdoor adventure opportunities, or the delicious food, wine, beer, or spirits at Hood River distillers, you won’t leave disappointed. The Columbia River Gorge truly is a one-of-a-kind destination and is best experienced from our one-of-a-kind cabins in Washington.
Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins are located just across the river from Hood River, on the Washington side. We offer incomparable lodging surrounded by the tranquil and scenic environment you’d expect from this part of the state. There’s simply no better place to stay in or around Hood River. Book your room at the best cabins in Washington today!
An Afternoon at Hood River Distillers
Hood River Distillers has a long history in the Columbia River Gorge – 86 years, to be precise. Hood River Distillers originally began their adventure by making fruit wines and brandies from the abundant apples and pears that would have otherwise gone to waste in the fertile Columbia River Gorge. Waste not, want not!
Over the years, Hood River Distillers has gradually grown and expanded its business. Today they produce a wide variety of spirits, some in concert with partner distilleries, and bottle upwards of a million cases of their craft spirits a year. That’s impressive for this once-small business located in the charming river town of Hood River!
You can visit the Hood River Distillers tasting room in downtown Hood River. It’s open daily from noon – 6 pm and offers tastings of their extensive portfolio of spirits, in addition to mini cocktails. They also have a great selection of cocktail supplies and swag for you to take home with your favorite bottles.
More Great Drinks in Hood River
Hood River Distillers isn’t the only spot to pick up a delicious craft beverage or two while in town. What better way to wind down after working up a sweat while hiking than with a craft beer or delicious glass of local wine? You’re in luck!
There are several incredible Hood River wineries and breweries in town – each worth a stop when you get the chance. Below, we’ve listed our favorites!
Hood River Wineries
- Evoke Winery offers a downtown Hood River tasting room that showcases the Columbia River’s stunning views.
- Viento Winery: If you’re looking for old-vine Riesling grown on-site, this is one of the best Hood River wineries to visit.
- Marchesi Vineyards is one of the best Hood River Wineries for lovers of Italian-style wines.
- Have a little fun with your wine tasting and top into Wy’ East Vineyards. They offer delicious Pinot Noir and stunning views.
- Enjoy a wine flight at Hood Crest Winery and Distillers. The options here are extensive, with a tasting to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
- Stave, and Stone Wine Estates offers wine tasting at two great locations; a tasting room in downtown Hood River and their vineyard. The vineyard is our preference, as you’ll enjoy a fantastic view of Mt. Adams from their outdoor patio.
- Hiyu Wine Farm offers a wonderful array of delicate wines and an unforgettable farm-to-table meal. This is one of the closest Hood River wineries to Mt. Hood, just 22 miles from its peak.
- The Gorge White House is a great place to go when you have a group of people, as there’s something for everyone here.
Hood River Breweries
- If you’re looking for a fantastic artisanal beer, Pfriem Brewing is for you. They are best known for their Belgian and Northwest-style classic ales, but they also feature an incredible variety of select and barrel-aged brews worth sampling.
- Once you’ve exhausted the options at Pfriem Brewing, head next door to Ferment Brewing. It’s a modern brewery offering farmhouse-style ales.
- Full Sail Brewing offers the best of both worlds in Hood River: Gorgeous river views and fantastic craft beer.
- Double Mountain Brewery is a longtime staple among Hood River breweries. They are known for their fantastic ales, live music, and wood-fired pizzas.
- Working Hands Fermentation has a little something for everyone. It’s one of the best Hood River breweries, but it’s also co-located with Slopeswell Cidery for variation.
- Everybody’s Brewing isn’t technically located in Hood River. It’s located just across the bridge in White Salmon, WA.
With the popularity of craft cocktails making a comeback, there’s never been a better time to visit Hood River Distillers and sample their delightful products. You may just find a new favorite! Whatever you plan to do while in the Columbia River Gorge, remember to make our luxurious cabins in Washington your home away from home. Book your cabin today!