Apple and Cranberry Crisp
Autumn means apples in the Gorge! Celebrate the fall harvest with this Apple Cranberry Crisp recipe. We often serve it alongside our ginger nutmeg or lemon ricotta waffles. Guests love to use it as a topping.
Substitute the flour with a favored gluten-free option and now you’ve got a tasty dish for an even wider audience.
Before You Start
Bake Time 40-45 minutes
Oven Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Prepare Lightly spray 9×12” baking dish
- 6 apples sliced in 1” cubes or pie wedges
- 1/3 C dried cranberries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp ginger
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C oats
- ¾ C flour (GF options: oat, sweet sorghum, or rice)
- ½ C chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ C butter (shredded) or cut into small cubes
- Mix together Main Ingredients and pour into a 9×12” baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together the first 5 Topping Ingredients
- Cut in butter or shred it first and then stir in.
- Pro tip: Keep the butter cold and use a cheese grater to shred it over the mix for easier blending.
- Add topping evenly over apples.
- Bake in oven until bubbling and lightly golden brown. 40 – 45 minutes.
- Apples can be replaced with peaches or pears.
- Reduce baking time to 30 minutes for these softer fruits.
Have Crisp at the Cabins
Apple Cranberry Crisp is just one of the tasty dishes you’ll enjoy when you stay at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. Our bed and breakfast near Hood River, Oregon can serve you up a 3-course breakfast for two every morning. Join us in the lodge or have breakfast delivered straight to your private cabin. You’ll be powered up for a day of adventure in the Columbia River Gorge.
Look forward to seeing you soon!