Coconut Macaroon Cookies
Join us for this guest favorite, Coconut Macaroon Cookies! Chewy and sweet, they make a tasty treat any time of day. If you’re feeling saucy…drizzle on a chocolate topping or add nuts for little crunch. This cookie has got options! It’s also a great if you’re looking for a gluten-free idea.
Let us know what you try. Bon Appétit!
Before you Start
Bake Time 25 minutes
Oven 350 degrees
Prepare Greased or parchtone lined cookie sheet
- 4 C Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 C Sugar
- ¼ C Flour (GF options: oat, sweet sorghum, or rice)
- 4 Egg whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla (or substitute with Almond flavoring)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
If you’re up for it, consider these options:
- Add chocolate chips with the almond flavoring for an “almond joy” type cookie.
- Add chopped pecans for a crunchier cookie.
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks and add in vanilla.
- Fold whipped egg whites & vanilla into dry ingredients until well blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls (meatball scooper) on a greased or parchtone lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let cookies cool.
- Melt chocolate chips for topping in microwave for 45 seconds and stir till smooth.
- Dip the cooled, baked cookies in melted chips for a chocolate topping or use a spoon to drizzle topping overtop.
Join us for More!
You can enjoy a 3-course breakfast each morning here at the cabins. Homemade, fresh and delicious, it’s the perfect way to get ready for a day of adventure in the Gorge.
We also offer dog-friendly cabins if you want to bring Fido along for the fun!
Browse all the cabins to find the perfect one for your romantic getaway.
We look forward to seeing you soon!