Wine tasting is a time-honored tradition in Oregon, and with a range of sensational Pinot Noirs being produced in the famed Willamette Valley, it’s no wonder why. As wonderful as the Willamette Valley is, Hood River wineries offer some equally fantastic wine tasting a little closer to home.
We love to celebrate the diverse wines being produced in both Oregon and Washington, especially when they are enjoyed on the porch of your private cabin, surrounded by nothing but the aroma of blooming wildflowers and the sensational beauty of our property. Our luxury cabins in Washington are truly a private paradise, designed to give you the quiet and restful break you need.
As a guest at our romantic Hood River Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be well-situated to enjoy some of the best Hood River wineries. If you’re ready to start your next wine-tasting adventure, it’s time to book a room at our luxury cabins near Hood River.
The Best Hood River Wineries
Hood River Wineries are part of the Columbia Gorge American Viticultural Area (AVA), which encompasses both the Oregon and Washington sides of the Columbia River. This wine-growing region sits in the rainshadow of Mount Hood and Mount Adams and has a much drier climate than areas to the west of us.
This climate and the area’s varied topography create a diverse terroir ideal for growing several grape varietals. It’s a relatively small wine-growing region, but within 40 miles, you’ll be able to sip and swirl your way through nearly 40 different Hood River Wineries. It’s a wonderful way to get a real taste of this area! Take a look at the list of our favorite Hood River wineries below, and start planning your wine-tasting adventure today!
- Evoke Winery offers a tasting room in downtown Hood River that showcases stunning views of the Columbia River. On sunny days, their heated patio is delightful, and they offer plenty of yummy small bites to go with the wine.
- Viento Winery: If you’re looking for old-vine Riesling grown on-site, this is one of the best Hood River wineries to visit. They also offer a wonderful sparkling wine and a Pinot Noir you don’t want to miss
- Marchesi Vineyards is one of the best Hood River Wineries for lovers of Italian-style wines. Their outdoor patio is delightful, with views of the rolling hills and fragrant roses surrounding you.
- Have a little fun with your wine tasting and top into Wy’ East Vineyards. They offer a delicious Pinot Noir and stunning views, but our favorite thing here may just be playing a game of bocce ball on their grounds!
- Enjoy a wine flight at Hood Crest Winery and Distillers. The options here are extensive, with a tasting to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
- Stave and Stone Wine Estates offers wine tasting at two great locations; a tasting room in downtown Hood River and their vineyard. The vineyard is our preference, as you’ll enjoy a truly wonderful view of Mt. Adams from their outdoor patio. Grab a glass of their Pinot Noir Rose and enjoy – it’s the perfect combo on a warm summer’s day!
- Hiyu Wine Farm offers so much more than a simple wine tasting experience. Here, you’ll enjoy a wonderful array of their delicate wines and an unforgettable farm-to-table meal. This is one of the closest Hood River wineries to Mt. Hood, at just 22 miles from its peak.
- The Gorge White House is a great place to go when you have a group of people, as there’s something for everyone here. The Gorge White House is one of the few Hood River Wineries that offers house-made ciders, freshly-prepared food, and berries and flowers to take home.
Best Place to Stay Near Hood River
There are plenty of great reasons to stay with us at our luxurious cabins in Washington, not least of which is the opportunity to do some wine tasting at these Hood River Wineries. No matter how much you do while you’re here, what a getaway to our cabins is truly all about is getting away for some much-needed R&R with your sweetheart. Our cabins are exceedingly romantic, and we go the extra mile tending to every detail of your stay to ensure you leave here feeling refreshed.
Our Bed and Breakfast is only 30 minutes away from downtown Hood River and across the Columbia River on the Washington side. When you stay with us, you’re close enough to enjoy all the best of this charming town, including the wineries, breweries, restaurants, and shops, but far enough away to truly feel like you’ve gotten away.
We mean it when we say our Bed and Breakfast is the best place to stay near Hood River! You have the best of the entire Columbia River Gorge at your fingertips. Are you ready to explore with us? Book your room at the best cabins in Washington today!