Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
These Prosciutto Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles are an easy and elegant appetizer or brunch idea! Perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day or any other spring brunch!
Before You Start
Oven Preheat oven to 425º
Prepare Line one cooking sheet with parchment paper
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 12-16 ounces) ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 8 ounces Gruyere shredded
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to a large rectangle about double the original size.
- Square off edges and cut into 4 squares. (I use a pizza cutter to do this).
- Toss asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the bundles, place slice of prosciutto on top of the square. (I fold the prosciutto in half so that it fits nicely on the square. )Follow with 3-4 stalks of asparagus (depending on size) and 1-2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Lift the four corners of the puff pastry squares and twist them together to seal. Brush puff pastry with egg wash. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake until puff pastry is golden and puffed, about 18 Serve immediately.
You can find more Carson Ridge breakfast favorites on our Breakfast page
Join Us for Breakfast
You can enjoy a delectable breakfast treat like this when you stay at our bed and breakfast cabins. Start your morning with a homemade 3-course breakfast and get ready for a day of adventure in the Columbia River Gorge.
Browse our luxurious cabins today and get ready for a next PNW vacation you won’t forget. We look forward to seeing you here at Carson Ridge!