Pumpkin Apple Pancakes
As brightly colored trees and fuzzy checkered flannels catch our eyes at every glance, we’re reminded it’s the autumn harvest season. Here in Washington State, apples and pumpkins top the charts among the classic fall foods you’ll find at local farm stands.
In this harvest spirit, along with cool crisp mornings, these pancakes make a delicious way to celebrate the change of seasons and the Earth’s bounty. With the warmth of spice and a touch of sweetness, Pumpkin Apple Pancakes are food for body and soul.
Recipe compliments of Ruth Miller, Eugene, OR.
Before You Start
Serves 4 people (10 pancakes)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 peeled, cored and shredded apple
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, pumpkin, milk and vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mix and pour in the wet mixture.
- Stir just until the batter is combined, with just a few lumps.
- Fold in shredded apples.
- Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter into a medium heat, preheated pan and cook until bubbles start to open.
- Flip and cook until cooked through, or to your liking.
Join Us for Breakfast at the Cabins
If all this talk of hot cakes gives you a hankering for a hearty breakfast that warms the heart, come treat yourself to a romantic getaway at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins in Washington State!
Enjoy a beautiful drive to our location in the Columbia River Gorge, just an hour from Portland. Check in to your own private and spacious luxury cabin (complete with jetted tub, romantic fireplace, and other luxurious amenities). Then, give yourself the oft-forgotten gift of unwinding in sweet peace with the one you love.
Before you set out on the next day’s adventure in the Gorge, enjoy a delicious three-course breakfast delivered straight to your door. Breakfasts vary from day to day, so you’ll find new culinary delights every morning.
Take a peek at our cabins and start planning your next getaway. We look forward to seeing you soon!