Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake
Moist and airy, this coffee cake is hard to resist. The crumble topping brings a lovely balance in both taste and texture. We like to serve this breakfast favorite in a small baking dish sized for two servings. There’s nothing like sharing a treat with your sweetheart first thing in the morning!
Before You Start
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Prepare Greased 10-inch springform pan
Oven Preheat oven to 350º
Author Cathy Trocheiman
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ c. milk
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon peel
- 1 ½ c. fresh raspberries
- 1 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. flour
- 6 Tbsp of butter, shredded when cold
Combine 1 c. sugar and 2/3 c. flour in a bowl. Cut in 6 Tbsp. butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside until step 6 instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Set Aside
- Whip egg to yellow. Set aside.
- Add sugar to melted butter. Add milk, lemon juice, lemon peel and whipped egg. Mix with Dry ingredients.
- Fold in raspberries
- Spoon batter into a greased 10-inch springform pan and sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool at least 20 minutes in pan before removing.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out other Carson Ridge recipe favorites on our Breakfast page.
Have Breakfast with Us!
Join us at the cabins! One of the best things about staying at a BnB is ordering breakfast before you head out on a day of vacation adventure. Have breakfast in the lodge or order in-cabin breakfast service and enjoy your morning on the secluded deck of your private cabin.
Browse our cabins and services to learn more. We look forward to seeing you here at Carson Ridge!