It’s hard to explain how this combination of cheeses, spinach and nutmeg make such a heavenly combination – but they do! The sweet, salty, savory and even tangy elements blend together to make each bite smooth, balanced and delicious.
In fact, there are no more words…you’ll just have to try this one for yourself. Let us know what you think!
Before You Start
Oven Preheat oven to 350˚
Prep Butter 4 large or 8 small round ramekins
- 9 large eggs
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 ¼ cups cottage cheese
- 8 oz. swiss cheese, grated
- 8 oz feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 4 Tbs. butter, melted, cooled to room temperature
- 8 oz. chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly and add seasonings
- Add cottage, Swiss and feta cheeses and butter
- Stir in chopped spinach
- Pour into 4 buttered large or 8 small round ramekins
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until top is browning and center is set
- Make the topping
- Combine the tomatoes, olive oil and salt in a small bowl and let sit for at least 5 minutes before using
- Top each ramekin with a spoonful of the tomatoes topping and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Have Breakfast with Us!
Start your vacation in the Gorge with a 3-course breakfast and feel powered up for a day of adventure! When you stay with us at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, you can take your morning to a new level and leave the cooking to us.
Order in-cabin breakfast service and enjoy your morning meal on the porch to your private cabin. Leisurely plan all the things you want to do in the Gorge as you enjoy your coffee. Rested and relaxed, you’ll savor every moment of your romantic getaway. Pick your cabin today! We look forward to seeing you soon.