Drop Scones with Chocolate, Dried Cherries and Almonds Recipe
Simple to make and a joy to serve! The drop technique produces a craggy texture so the egg wash creates golden peaks with cakey valleys. It’s the perfect combo for tearing off a bite to enjoy with your morning coffee. Speaking of perfect combos…chocolate, cherries and almonds – need we say more?
Try this scone to turn any morning into something special.
Before You Start
Bake 14 minutes
Oven Preheat to 425º
Prep Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- 2 cups King Arthur flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons cold, unsalted butter grated
- 1/3 C dried cherries
- 1⁄2 bar of Ghirardelli 60% Choco baking bar chopped
- 1/3 C sliced almonds
- 1 whole egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 C milk or half & half cream
- 2 egg whites beaten
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together wet ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl or food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add shredded butter and pulse in food processor or meld by hand until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cherries, chocolate and almonds.
- Pour in the wet ingredients mixture and stir to just blended.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Brush with egg whites (or sprinkle with sugar).
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for 14 minutes.
Have Breakfast with Us!
When you stay at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins you can wake up in the morning to a homemade 3-course breakfast. We even offer in-cabin breakfast service so you can enjoy your morning meal relaxed, refreshed and still in your pajamas!
Just one hour from Portland, Oregon and 30 minutes from Hood River, we make it easy to getaway from it all for a romantic escape with the one you love.
Looking forward to seeing you here at Carson Ridge!