Baked Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts
As wine pairs with cheese, winter finds its morning complement in this baked oatmeal recipe. Before you head out for a day in the snow, get powered up with a breakfast that is guaranteed to keep you charging in the cold.
More than just a bowl of oatmeal, it bakes up almost to a cake-like sponge. This nestles the fruit and nut additions just so for a delightful texture.
You can put this dish together the night before and pull it out in the morning to bake. Still, we like to make it all the same morning so the oats and nuts stay more firm.
Let us know what you try!
Before You Start
Bake 30-45 minutes
Prep Spray 8×8 glass baking dish
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts
- ½ cup blueberries and peaches
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips or white chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously spray the inside of an 8×8 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats; sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nuts and chocolate.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk; egg, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the blueberries on top. Then pour the milk mixture over everything.
- Gently shake the baking dish to help the milk mixture go throughout the oats.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set.
Get Away from it All at the Cabins!
If cabin fever sets in at your house this winter, make our BnB cabins your escape! You’ll feel refreshed, renewed and filled with the magic of the Cascade Mountains.
Our cabins make the perfect getaway for you and your partner. Just one hour from Portland and 30 minutes from Hood River, Oregon, you’ll find it’s easy to slip away from it all for a romantic time with the one you love.