Savory Bacon Quiche
Savory, cheesy and the perfect blend of flavors in every bite. This quiche is a winner even without having to make your own crust. If you do use a pie crust, (we love making our own for a special flaky texture) be sure to exclude the Bisquick.
Richard takes this breakfast favorite to the next level when serving it here at the cabins. He enjoys experimenting with different artisanal bacons, like smoked or peppered, to add to the complexity of flavors. Try it yourself and make this quiche your own. Enjoy!
Before You Start
Oven Preheat oven to 350º
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 40-50 Minutes
- Crustless: Spray a 9 ½” pie pan
- Pre-bake Bacon
- 4 slices of baked bacon cut up
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup feta cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved or sundried tomatoes cut up
- 5 asparagus spears, cut in bite size pieces
- 4 cremini mushrooms sliced in bite size pieces
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup Bisquick
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 scallions, cut up at an angle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place asparagus, mushrooms, bacon, tomatoes and feta cheese on bottom of pie pan.
- Blend eggs, Bisquick*, milk, cream and spices until mixed. Pour over ingredients in pan. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top. Add green onions on top of everything.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling. About 40-50 minutes.
*If using a pie crust be sure to eliminate the Bisquick from the recipe.
Find other Carson Ridge breakfast favorites on our Breakfast page.
Join Us for Breakfast at the Cabins
If all this has got you hungry, come have breakfast at the cabins. Our Washington State BnB serves up a 3-course breakfast every morning. Always varied, always delicious – you’ll be ready for whatever adventure you choose in the Gorge.
Join us in the lodge or order in-cabin breakfast service to enjoy the morning in the comfort of your pjs. Check out the cabins today and start planning your holiday in the Columbia River Gorge.