Sourdough Bake with Ham
Surprisingly simple and perfectly delectable, here’s a great dish to serve when you have more than a couple discerning diners around the breakfast table. The cheesy blend of veggies, sourdough bread, savory ham and seasonings make this a flavorful and hearty start to the day.
Prepare the bake first and use the oven time to slice fruit for a side or maybe just a chat over coffee. We love finishing this meal with a carrot pineapple muffin so guests are extra powered-up to explore the Gorge.
Before You Start
Oven Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
Prep Spray an 8×8” baking dish with non-stick spray
Bake 40 – 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 6 slices of sourdough bread cut in ½” cubes
- 6 eggs beaten
- ½ C milk
- 1/3 C half & half cream
- 4 oz of Ham steak cut in 1/2“ cubes
- ½ each bell peppers: red, yellow and orange diced
- ¼ sweet yellow onion diced
- ½ C sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/3 C shredded Tillamook cheddar cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved, or sundried tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Mix eggs, milk and cream together and soak the sliced sourdough bread 20 minutes.
- Spray an 8×8” baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the bottom generously with ¾ of the cheese, add seasonings, add ham, peppers, onion, mushrooms.
- Pour the bread and egg mixture over those ingredients.
- Top with tomatoes and remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven at 325 degree F for 40-50 minutes.
This is just one of the guest favorites we serve every morning. Visit our collection of recipes on our breakfast page to see what’s cooking at the Cabins. Let us know what you try!
Feel like Breakfast in Bed?
Come out to the Columbia River Gorge and enjoy a vacation experience like no other. Luxurious relaxation awaits. Our private cabins are surrounded by 9 landscaped acres of PNW majesty to offer you peace, quiet and privacy. Choose to have breakfast delivered straight to your cabin door and ease into the day feeling rested and ready for whatever adventure you choose.