Orange Walnut Coffee Cake
Zesty and sweet, ooey and gooey – who says you can’t have dessert in the morning!
Nary a crumb comes back with the plates when we serve this to guests. Super moist, with a decadent coconut flake topping, every bite is a treat. Pair it with a hot cup o’ joe and we’re talking breakfast bliss.
Also great for a brunch or afternoon tea, this coffee cake recipe is guaranteed to make any day extra special. Let us know what you think!
Before You Start
Oven Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Bake 25-30 minutes
Prepare Greased 9×13” pan
Makes 12 – 15 servings
- 1C quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ C orange juice
- ½ C butter
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ C walnuts (chopped)
- 1 T grated orange peel
- 1 ½ C packed brown sugar
- ¾ C butter, cubed
- 3 T grated orange peel
- 3 T orange juice
- 3 C flaked coconut
- 1 ½ C chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, stir oats and orange juice until softened. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars: beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with oat mixture.
- Stir in walnuts and orange peel.
- Pour into a greased 9×13” pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, orange peel and juice.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; stir in coconut and walnuts.
- Gently spread over warm cake.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until the topping is bubbly.
Visit our breakfast page to see more of the recipes we serve at the Cabins.
Join Us for Breakfast!
Let us serve you breakfast in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. Just one hour from Portland, Oregon and 30 mins from Hood River, OR, our luxury cabins make the perfect getaway.
Spend the day exploring, and come home to your private luxury cabin to relax and unwind as you see fit. Enjoy a regional wine on your porch, soak in your jetted tub, or luxuriate in couples massage in the privacy of your cabin. The choice is yours!
The next morning, enjoy breakfast delivered straight to your door as you get ready for another day of adventure. View our cabins to get started. The Gorge is calling!