Ginger Crinkle Cookies Recipe
Something about the ginger, cinnamon and clove combination just warms the body and soul – making these the coziest of cookies. We love to serve these up on a winter’s day or whenever there’s a good chill in the air.
Equally heart-warming are the happy childhood memories that come to mind when we grab our Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book off the shelf to make this recipe. Just the look of the classic red gingham cover conjures the excitement of browsing all the recipes as kids before deciding what to make.
This recipe comes from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, 1981 version.
We hope you have fun making this recipe too. Perfect for a tea break or holiday dessert plate, you’ll warm up the room when you serve these next.
Before You Start
Bake 10 minutes
Oven 375º F
Prepare Cookie sheet with parchment paper
- 2 ¼ C King Arthur flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ C unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- ¼ C molasses
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the melted butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the molasses and egg until light and creamy.
- Stir in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Form 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until the top of the cookie starts to crinkle.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
We found this recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, 1981 version. You can read about other cookie and breakfast recipes we love to serve guests on our breakfast page.
Feel warm and cozy at the Cabins
What could me more romantic than a winter’s day in front of the fireplace with the one you love? Join us at the Cabins for a romantic getaway in Washington State.
With private jetted tubs, lavishly draped beds and other luxury amenities, you and your partner can escape it all for some sweet together time. Check out our seasonal lodging specials and then explore our cabins for a getaway you won’t soon forget.