Eggnog French Toast
Deck the halls and the table as tis the season for eggnog french toast! While most reserve this popular seasonal drink for holiday parties, it’s also a fun way to spice up breakfast at this most wonderful time of the year.
Adding a creamy sweetness and special twist to the usual eggy bread recipe, eggnog french toast is a delicious winter-time tradition that makes spirits bright all around the breakfast table.
Try it and let us know what you think!
Before You Start
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
Serves 4 to 6 pieces
- 1 ½ cup Darigold Eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Loaf of thick sliced bread
- Butter for frying bread in
- In a large bowl, mix the eggnog, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Soak 2-3 pieces of bread in the batter, making sure both sides are covered in batter.
- Place slices of battered bread in a preheated skillet with melted butter.
- Fry each side 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Check often to make sure they’re not over cooked.
- Add more butter to skillet between batches as needed.
- Place cooked slices on a full-lined baking sheet and keep warm in oven.
- Serve with syrup, whipped cream, or your favorite fruit compote.
Discover more guest favorites on our Breakfast page. You’ll find recipes for other breakfast ideas and even some great cookies, too!
Cozy up in a Luxury Cabin for Two
When it’s cold outside, what could be better than snuggling up in front of the fireplace with the one you love? Our romantic cabins in Washington State make the perfect getaway – especially from the hustle and bustle of the season.
Spend your days outside playing in the snow and your nights in front of the fire, cozied up in a private luxury cabin for two. Peace and tranquility give you time to reconnect. Luxury amenities like jetted tubs and plush robes help you relax while our romance packages help turn up the heat. What’s more, our lodging specials help you take advantage of all of it.
Take a look at our cabins and start planning some alone time for two. Gift yourself and the one you love a romantic getaway this holiday season.