The weather may be getting chillier outside, but that doesn’t slow us down here in the Columbia River Gorge. In fact, winter is a wonderful time to treat yourself to a romantic getaway at our luxurious cabins in Washington. Visit local wineries, breweries, or distilleries, wine, and dine your sweetheart at local Hood River restaurants, pack in a hike or two, and otherwise relax and enjoy this quieter season in the stunningly beautiful Columbia River Gorge.
In winter, getaways to our cabins in Washington are usually about one or two things (and sometimes both!): Romantic getaways with your sweetheart and ski vacations to the towering Mount Hood that is just a short drive away from our Washington Cabins. Still, others come here to enjoy the charming town of Hood River, where you’ll find plenty of fun holiday festivities, great shopping, a hip and trendy atmosphere, and delicious Hood River restaurants.
Hood River Restaurants run the gamut in terms of offerings, all with a nod to the area’s incredible local farmers and artisans. From fine dining to handheld tacos by the river, you can find a little bit of everything here – all of which will keep you full and happy throughout your adventures in the Gorge. As you explore everything Hood River and the Columbia Gorge offer this winter, make sure to plan a touch of indulgence to your stay by staying at our unbeatable cabins in Washington.
With luxe accommodations, a broad array of high-end amenities, gorgeous grounds to explore, and unmatched hospitality, there’s no better place to stay in Hood River or the surrounding Columbia River Gorge. We’re the perfect home base to enjoy the best of the area, including the top Hood River restaurants. Reserve your space at our #1-rated Washington cabins today!
9 Best Hood River Restaurants
While most people come to Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge in search of adventure, an increasing number of visitors are coming for a great meal. Like its neighbor to the west, Portland, Hood River is a thriving food destination that has grown in popularity in recent years. It doesn’t hurt that there’s also a burgeoning wine, brewery, and distillery scene to enjoy along with those delicious meals.
There’s a lot to love about Hood River Restaurants, from the casual to the gourmet, but a foundation of locally sourced ingredients and farm-to-table cuisine is at the heart of it. Below, we’ve compiled a list of ten of the best Hood River restaurants to try during your upcoming getaways to our cabins in Washington.
- We never shy away from a good pizza, particularly after an invigorating hike, and you’ll find some of the best at Solstice Wood Fire Cafe and Bar. This Italian-inspired spot offers a delicious array of wood-fired pizzas with locally-inspired toppings like cherries and chorizo or pear with blue cheese. With big, bold flavors on an otherwise simple dish, it’s easy to see why this is one of the most popular Hood River restaurants.
- Food trucks (or carts) are everywhere in Portland, and some great ones in Hood River, too! Grab some fantastic Texas-style Barbecue at Grasslands Barbecue at the Hood River waterfront near Ferment Brewing (which, aside from great beer, also has some yummy plates to enjoy!).
- Just as Hood River Breweries offer great bites to go with their brews, so does another staple among Hood River restaurants, Crush Cider Cafe. They provide a fantastic range of rotating ciders made from the rich Hood River Valley fruits, but they also have a solid food menu featuring items like flatbreads topped with carnitas or Swedish rosti with bratwurst.
- If you’re looking for a gourmet delicatessen, don’t miss Boda’s Kitchen, which offers a range of made-to-order sandwiches, salads, soups, and more.
- Scandinavian restaurants have been rapidly growing a huge fan base in Portland. With the addition of Broder Ost to the family of Hood River restaurants, we can say the same about this eastern food city.
- Enjoy a delicious variety of fresh, seasonal, and hyper-local cuisine at Celilo Restaurant and Bar, one of the leading Hood River Restaurants, for elegant and romantic dining experiences (with delicious food!).
- We mentioned the diverse range of Hood River restaurants, which included things like simply – and simply delicious – tacos. You’ll find the best Baja-fish style tacos north of California in town at Lake Taco.
- For an unforgettable meal just outside of Hood River’s downtown core, head to Hiyu Wine Farm. They focus on natural, organic wines, and the James Beard Award-nominated chef serves a tempting array of small and large plates, most of which have been sourced from this small, working farm. You can’t get much more farm-to-table than that! Enjoy a delightful tour of their farm when you’re done with your meal.
- Stonehedge Gardens Wine Country Bistro offers one of the most romantic dinner spots in town and is a fantastic place to wine and dine with your sweetheart during your romantic getaway to our cabins in Washington.
Winter at our Cabins in Washington
As you leave these excellent Hood River restaurants full and satiated, it’s time to retreat to comfort at our romantic cabins in Washington. Nowhere else in the Columbia River Gorge will you find a place to sink into the quiet solitude afforded by our breathtaking property.
Free yourself from the demand and distractions of modern life this winter, and plan your romantic retreat to our luxury cabins, rated as one of the best places to stay near Hood River. Inside each of our ten cabins, you’ll find they are outfitted with sumptuous king or queen beds, large jetted tubs, and a range of luxurious amenities like snack baskets, local wine, and cozy robes.
With these creature comforts of home and plenty of little touches everywhere, you’ll stress will vanish at the door. There’s truly no better place to stay while you explore and enjoy the best of the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. Book your luxury cabin today!