Apple Cranberry Walnut Muffins
Super moist and packed with flavor, these muffins make an ‘everyday’ breakfast treat feel as extra ordinary as eating cake in the morning. Sweet brown sugar, grounding walnuts, soothing apples and just enough tart cranberries to keep you on your toes – this balanced combination is an adventure in every bite!
Before You Start
Oven Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Prep Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with cupcake liners
- 1 C sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C fresh or dried cranberries
- 1 ½ medium apples, finely chopped
- 3/4 C chopped walnuts
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T shredded butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the chopped apples, cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently until just combined.
- Set aside
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Cut in the butter until it resembles small pea size topping.
- Set aside
- Distribute the muffin batter evenly into the muffin tins
- Sprinkle each with the topping.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove tin from oven and let muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes
- Turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
A Romantic Breakfast for Two?
Escape on a romantic getaway for two and enjoy the best in luxury, relaxation and adventure. Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins is nestled along the Columbia River and perfectly located for exploring the Gorge!
Order in-cabin breakfast service and enjoy a leisurely start to your day with your sweetheart. Then choose from a multitude of Gorge outings, from touring vineyards, to strolling through museums or hiking in PNW splendor. There’s so many things to do near the Cabins, you’ll have no end of choices.
At night relax with an in-cabin massage, a lavender-sea salt bath or in-front of your fireplace. Better still, do all three! You’re on vacation – the choice is yours.
Located just one hour from Portland, you’ll find getting away from it all was never easier. Book your cabin today and prepare for a romantic getaway you’ll never forget!