Is there anything better on a hot summer day than a cold pint of beer – especially when that day includes an adventurous hike, mountain bike ride, or other adventure in the Columbia River Gorge? We don’t think so! Luckily, there are plenty of fantastic Hood River breweries to consider, including the popular Pfriem Brewing in Hood River.
Visiting places like Pfriem Brewing in Hood River is one of the most popular things to do in Hood River. Oregon – Portland in particular – has long been a mecca for beer enthusiasts from around the world. It’s no different in the Columbia River Gorge, where a dedication to the craft is at the forefront of so much of what we do here.
Whether you’re making a trip to the Columbia River Gorge to try out the local Hood River Breweries like Pfriem Brewing, or whether you’re here for something else and think the beer scene is an excellent addition to your day, there’s only one place worth staying while you’re here; the Carson Ridge Cabins. Our #1-rated luxury cabins in Washington are unique and offer an unparalleled chance to escape the busy din of everyday life.
There’s still plenty of summer left. Book your stay at our exceptional cabins near Hood River today!
Visit Pfriem Brewing in Hood River
If you’re looking for a fantastic artisanal beer, Pfriem Brewing is for you. Pfriem Brewing has a modern taproom that is located in downtown Hood River. They are best known for their Belgian and Northwest-style classic ales, but they also feature an incredible variety of select and barrel-aged brews worth sampling.
Interestingly, Pfriem Brewing has initiated a beer club, much like the modern wine clubs that have proliferated around the country. It’s one of the few clubs of this kind we’ve seen, but we’re here for it. Talk about a great way to explore your love of hop-based beverages!
If you’re looking for a more casual beer experience, don’t fret. The Pfriem Brewing tasting room is entirely approachable and offers a broad range of flavors to sample. The Pfriem Brewing tasting room is open daily from 11 am – 10 pm.
Pfriem Brewing is a great place to stop for lunch if you’re in town, as they serve a delightful range of small bites and menu items. It’s also the perfect place to grab a light snack and an afternoon pint after you’ve completed one of the many great hikes in the area.
More Great Hood River Breweries
Pfriem Brewing is just one of the many Hood River Breweries that deserves your attention while you’re exploring the Columbia River Gorge. The dedication to craft at these top-rated Hood River Breweries is exceptional, and you can taste the difference in every pint. Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Hood River Breweries in hopes that you might visit one or two each time you visit!
- Once you’ve exhausted the options at Pfriem Brewing, head next door to Ferment Brewing. It’s a modern brewery offering farmhouse-style ales. You can even sit back and enjoy watching the brewmasters at work!
- Full Sail Brewing offers the best of both worlds in Hood River: Gorgeous river views and fantastic craft beer. Full Sail Brewing is one of the best Hood River breweries, thanks to their outstanding lineup of draft beer. Their outdoor patio pairs perfectly with a hot summer day!
- Double Mountain Brewery is a longtime stape among Hood River breweries. They are known for their fantastic ales, live music, and wood-fired pizzas. It’s a great place to unwind on a summer afternoon.
- Working Hands Fermentation has a little something for everyone. It’s one of the best Hood River brewieres, but it’s also co-located with Slopeswell Cidery for variation. The Heights Taproom is a great gathering place to relax after a day of hiking or kayaking nearby.
- Everybody’s Brewing isn’t technically located in Hood River, but we still like to include this on the list of best Hood River breweries because it’s just that good. It’s located just across the bridge in White Salmon, WA, which makes it a great stop to make as you head back to our cabins in Washington.
If you really want to have some fun with local Oregon beer, consider making your way around the Breweries in the Gorge (BIG) Trail, which includes eleven regional breweries.
When you’re adventure is done for the day, and you’ve had your (safe) fill of beer, it’s time to return to the comfortable cabins on the other side of the river. There’s truly no better place to stay near Hood River than our magnificent cabins in Washington. We tend to every detail of your stay, so you’re free to leave your stress behind and unplug in the way you deserve this summer.