Top 50 Southwest Washington Things to Do
You’ll never run out of things to do in Southwest Washington, and Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins is right in the middle of it all! Whether you are looking for a relaxing retreat in nature, an adventure-filled getaway, or just a place to get away from it all, you have picked the right place. With so many Hood River activities, it can be challenging to know where to start. Take a look at our list!
Are you ready to start planning your trip? Find even more Southwest Washington things to do in our complimentary Vacation Guide! Researching for a trip can be challenging and time-consuming, so we created this free guide to save you from hours of research. Now, you can spend more time on what’s important: making memories.
Here are our top Southwest Washington things to do during your stay at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins:
- Absolutely nothing. When was the last time you took a break and pampered yourself?
- Take the short drive to Panther Creek Falls, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the area.
- Visit an active volcano, Mount St. Helens.
- Relax and rejuvenate with a luxurious spa treatment in the privacy of your own cabin.
- Get a true taste of the Columbia River Gorge when you go on a wine tasting tour! We’d be more than happy to give you recommendations on where to go.
- Explore the Hood River County Fruit Loop for the freshest fruits you have ever experienced.
- Watch the Gorge come to life when you come to see the wildflowers.
- See stunning views of the Columbia River from the top of Beacon Rock.
- Hike to Falls Creek Falls, then relax with a picnic at its base.
- Start your day off right with a delicious, complimentary breakfast.
- Enjoy cross-country skiing after we get some snowfall.
- View the Gorge aboard the Sternwheeler that leaves from Cascade Locks Marine Park.
- Go windsurfing or try a windsurfing lesson!
- Soak in your jetted tub with the lavender bath salts.
- Challenge yourself to a game of golf.
- Visit Herman the Sturgeon at the Bonneville Dam Fish Hatchery; he’s 10 feet long!
- Get cozy in your custom-made log bed and watch a movie.
- Try some beer at one of the many craft breweries in our area.
- Seek some thrills when you go white water rafting on the Columbia River.
- Enjoy bird watching right from your own porch.
- Visit the lavender farms in Hood River.
- Enjoy snowmobiling over fresh powder.
- Challenge your sweetheart to a board game or card game in your cabin.
- Go on a spelunking tour of one of the many caves in Washington State.
- Try snowshoeing some trails in the winter.
- Go fishing for sturgeon, salmon, or steelhead in one of the many local rivers.
- Drive through the Gifford Pinchot National Forest and marvel at the massive trees.
- Relax on the log porch swing and let your worries drift away.
- Visit a partial replica of the Stonehenge at Maryhill State Park.
- Find a quiet place in the gardens to paint, write, or read.
- Take a road trip along Carson Ridge to get a spectacular view of the volcanoes.
- Visit the flight museum in Hood River.
- Hike a section of the Pacific Crest Trail.
- Take a leisurely stroll around the gardens and smell the flowers.
- Try to spot Big Foot!
- Relax in the Adirondack chairs overlooking the meadow, sipping a glass of wine as the sun sets over the Gorge.
- Hike Catherine Creek and enjoy the wildflowers.
- Try a kayaking adventure.
- Enjoy the convenience of delicious pizza at Backwoods Brewing Company just across the street.
- Shop at the outlet stores in Troutdale.
- Visit the Indian Heaven Wilderness area; you’ll find gorgeous views, fresh huckleberries, and more than 150 lakes!
- Try some fresh Hood River Cider made with local ingredients.
- Reach new heights when you try mountain biking through our rugged terrain.
- Catch some live music.
- See stunning views from the scenic overlooks on the Cape Horn Trail.
- Step back in time at the Pittock Mansion.
- Try some fruity wine then pick your own bouquet of flowers at the Gorge White House.
- See incredible, naturally-made ice sculptures in the Guler Ice Caves.
- Stargaze at the Goldendale Observatory State Park.
- Plan your stay at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins!
Plan Your Stay Today
With so many Southwest Washington things to do, you’ll come back to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins time and time again. Browse through our luxurious cabins to pick one that’s right for you. Each comes with our outstanding amenities including a delicious breakfast to start your day off right. We look forward to hosting you!